Sustainable management and attention to how and from where has been our credo from the beginning. Our ingredients are from Austria, with the shortest possible transport routes depending on the product. In addition, we use food that already corresponds to our idea of sustainability in production and animal husbandry – organic, demeter or natural – and to process what is in season. We also produce anything we can do ourselves in the laboratory: bread, bacon, salami, smoked meats, syrups, lemonades, ginger beer and tonic, and much more.
We, of course, pursue sustainability in waste management. Primarily, waste avoidance is our top priority. Then comes waste separation and disposal, which we uphold strictly. We use biodegradable products for office and packaging materials and cleaning and washing agents. At the same time, 100% of the electricity used for general parts comes from hydropower.
Now sustainability does not end with food and waste management for us. Also, the human interaction, the togetherness must be “sustainable”. Respect for each other, tolerance and openness are basic requirements – and that you can always discuss everything with each other, no matter with a request to whom. All this means sustainability for us. All this makes Labstelle to the Labstelle.
- Austrian, seasonal cuisine
- with regional products, short transport routes
- A lot/what is possible is produced by ourselves (bread, syrups, bacon, smoked meat, pickled vegetables, lemonades etc.)
- processing of the products in the sense of Slow Food
- sustainable waste management
- electricity from hydroelectric power
- ecological cleaning products
- certified paper and packaging materials